Monday, October 29, 2012

A Little Weekend Challenge

Last friday, I sat down to print out a couple of photos so that I could scrap. My printer died when printing the first photo! So I gave up on the idea of scrapping and got on Facebook instead - as you do! lol I put up a status about my failed attempt to scrap. One of my lovely scrapping friends and former fellow LSBS DTer, Belinda Comerford, set me a challenge. She challenged me to go digging out some of my pre-printed photos and use them to scrap with. She then added some extra criteria - monochromatic colour scheme plus one other colour. I am always up for a challenge so I accepted - and she said she would do it too and we could share our layouts on FB by the end of the weekend. So this is the first layout I created.  


I've used blue as my main colour with black as the other colour. The photo is from my wedding day in 2002. Here is my journalling.


And here's a close up of some gorgeous new D-lish Scraps flowers that I received in the mail last week - how pretty are they?


This layout is a little different to my usual style but it was nice to mix things up a little. :)


And this was my second layout. I've used Pink and white as the colours on this layout. The photos are of Michala at Playgroup when she was about 2 and a half.


Here's a close up of some of the details and my journalling.


As you can see the sewing machine got a good work out on this layout too.


I've used lots of scrap paper and created a few layers behind the photos. I really enjoyed scrapping these old photos. Belle and I have decided that we will be challenging each other again.

Thanks so much for stopping by...

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous - loving that first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are lovely but i have to agree that first one is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love reading them. :)