Thursday, January 12, 2012

Scrapping My Baby Girl

Darcie will be 3 in May and she has already decided that she no longer needs a sleep through the day. That can be a good thing but most times it's not that pleasant dealing with her tiredness and tantrums in the late afternoon/evenings when the rest of us are pretty tired too. *sigh*

But every so often, she will just crash out - like yesterday she went all quiet and when I looked over at her, she had gone to sleep sitting up on the lounge! lol She did the same thing on Boxing Day after a very big Christmas Day. She was sitting on my Mums' lap and drifted off before anyone had even noticed. It was lovely seeing them cuddled up together - I had to grab the camera.
This is my layout for the January challenge at Scrap The Girls. This months challenge is Monochromatic. I went with red. I had a bit of trouble getting this layout to work for some reason. I couldn't get my photo to look right with my papers (that I'd already stuck down!) So I flipped the layout on its side and it seemed to be ok. :)

There are lots of polka dots, a few stripes and some hearts. And I've been able to use up some old stuff too - like these Thickers and the Cosmo Cricket tiny alphas.

Thanks for stopping by...

10 comments:

  1. Lauren your work is amazing ... such awesome-ness here .... love the red misting and the design is fabulous .. you are on fire girl hugz to you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the red and that background looks fantastic :) sweet photo of Darcie asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww.. Love it Hun! And I can't imagine our Darcie with her cranky pants on lol
    Thanks for joining us at STG
    MIss you all
    D xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nawwwwwwwwww Darcie is so cute. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout, love your misting and the paper strips. Thanks for joining in at STG x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really really like this! What a great page loveing your background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome as always Lauren...your misting and shabby look always looks FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout Lauren! As always, I simply love your misting & the red looks brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the misting! Gorgeous layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous!!! Red, my favourite colour. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love reading them. :)