Monday, September 3, 2012

Time To Get Organised

I like to think of myself as a fairly organised person. We have a pretty good morning routine and evening routine and I usually plan our meals for each fortnight. But when I look around my house, I see that it needs a good clean and de-cluttering session. I saw this on The Organised Housewife's Facebook Page and thought it would be the kick up the butt that I needed. 


Last week I started a clean up and de-clutter in each of our bedrooms. I went through all of the kids clothes and threw out anything that was unwearable (had holes or stains etc), threw all the clothes that no longer fit in a garbage bag for Lifeline and gave their rooms a good clean. I went through mine and Luke's wardrobe too and had a cull of anything that no longer fits. It felt good to get rid of so much stuff! But that was just upstairs. I now need to tackle downstairs. It's going to take a little time - probably longer than 20 days, as I have a birthday party to organise for this weekend and then I will be getting organised to head off to the Savvy Delights Retreat! It will be nice to feel organised and tidy again (and it may also be an excuse to buy some new clothes and furniture as well! lol)


2 comments:

  1. GOOD ON YOU...come & do mine next, if you want!!! Enjoy the scrapping. Now I'm feeling guilty -really must at least get the vac out tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow well done .. feels good doesn't it xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love reading them. :)