Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Faves

1. On Wednesday this week, Luke turned 40! He's never been all that fussed about birthdays but I always make them a big deal. After all, it the one day of the year that it's all about you!




For his 40th, Luke wanted to take a road trip out to Lake Eyre while it still had water in it. It was kind of a late decision and I didn't think heading out west in November was such a good idea, so if all goes to plan, we will be making the trek next Winter instead.


We went on a school excursion with the kids for half the day of his birthday so he got to have his birthday dinner at Maccas! But I will make up for it - we are heading away for the weekend and his friends and family will be joining us for a day to have a BBQ and celebrate.



2. A few months ago these guys got back together for a one-off performance at the Powerhouse in Brissy. I was a huge fan of Custard back in my late teens/early 20's. If they were on the bill at any of the music festivals - I was there! I'm so glad I got to see them again. The boys have still got it - even if they are a little older and wider! LOL

3. My new scrapbooking love!! I am using Mister Hueys mist on EVERYTHING! I just can't get enough. I love how they are so thick and the colour in the bottle is the colour that appears on the page. I have just about every colour too!


4. Luke & I both absolutely looooove white chocolate (well I like ANY chocolate but white is my definate fave!) so I decided to make him a white chocolate mud cake for his birthday.
NB. The cake in the photo is NOT the one I made sadly.


5. Being a city girl, I have not really had much to do with horses. This old horse has been here for a long time. His name is Sonny and he is now 32 years old!!

Back in the day, he was an excellent campdraft horse and after that Luke's dad used to ride him to muster cattle. But then they got four-wheeler motorbikes and they didn't need the horse anymore. So he has spent the recent years just wandering around the paddocks at his own leisure. He has the most beautiful nature - so quiet and placid. As you can see he's not shy - yes that is him on the front verandah!!

The kids will still ride him occassionally and Luke has hopped on him a few times to throw out grass seed in places where the motorbike couldn't go. We have noticed in the past few months he is really starting to steady up and look old. It will be a very sad day when we lose him. He's like one of the family.

And that brings us to the end of my faves for this week. We are heading off to the Bunya Mountains for the weekend for a bit of relaxing, good food and awesome family/friends. See you all on the flip side!

Thanks for stopping by...

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend Lauren and I just love the pics of Sonny. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the Bunya they are beautiful! Your piccies are just gorgoues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love reading them. :)